[Computer-go] Annual "KGS bot championship"

Jonathan Chetwynd j.chetwynd at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 2 02:47:50 PDT 2010

Nick,

had you considered weighting for time?

ie tournaments with longer time intervals might get higher weighting,
cf some human dan ranking ladders which do not include fast play.

it has been brought to my attention that whilst humans like relatively
long time periods, and require them to play well, there is currently a
bias in computer tournaments towards fast play.

cheers

~:"