[Computer-go] Annual "KGS bot championship"

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 02:37:31 PDT 2010

This is to announce the start of the annual "KGS bot championship".

 From now on, in each monthly KGS bot championship, points will be
awarded for the first few places - there might be four points for first
place, two for second, and one for third.  These points will be summed
over the year, and the program with the most points will be declared
"annual champion" at the end of the year.

I am still working on how to award the points.  The number awarded in
each tournament will depend mostly on the number of players, also to
some extent on umber of rounds, and board size.

As we are already in July (with the next bot tournament this Sunday),
2010 will be an experimental half-year, with only the results from
July-December counted.

Nick
Nick Wedd    nick at maproom.co.uk