[Computer-go] [computer-go] August KGS bot tournament: 13x13

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 04:42:30 PDT 2010

The August 2010 KGS computer Go tournament will be next Sunday, August
5th, in the Asian evening, European morning, and American night,
starting at 08:00 UTC/GMT and ending at 13:00 UTC/GMT.

it will be 13x13.  I apologise for not giving more notice of this:  I
have spent most of the last week at the European Go Congress in Finland.
No other 13x13 events are planned at present, but if there is demand for
them I may choose to include them regularly in the KGS monthly bot
tournaments.

It will be a 15-round Swiss with 19x19 boards, 9 minutes each of main
time, and Canadian Overtime of 10 moves in 30 seconds.  This overtime
setting is fast, but not as fast as for previous events, in the hope
that no games will be lost entirely because of netlag.  It will use
Chinese rules with 7.5 points komi. There are details at
http://www.gokgs.com/tournInfo.jsp?id=528.

Registration is now open.  To enter, please read and follow the
instructions at http://www.weddslist.com/kgs/how/index.html . The rules
are given at http://www.weddslist.com/kgs/rules.html . Your bot need not
be strong to enter, indeed weak and new bots are particularly welcome.

Please send your registration email (with the words "KGS Tournament
Registration" in the title) to me at maproom at gmail dot com (converted
to a valid address in the obvious way).

Nick
Nick Wedd    nick at maproom.co.uk