[Computer-go] learning patterns for mc go

compgo123 at aol.com compgo123 at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 23:21:23 PDT 2010

It's possible that the success of MC approach is in large part due to the particular topological structure of the Go game space. And this topological structure depends on the simulation polcy, because a specialized simulation policy ( in contrast to the random play)  takes out a subset of the complete Go game sapce. Even though certain simulation policy win more games aganst the random play, the subset of the Go game space taken out by this certain policy may not be suitable for the MC approach.

DL