[Computer-go] Many Faces and Japanese rules

David Fotland fotland at smart-games.com
Mon Apr 26 09:24:48 PDT 2010

This is a change of topic, since the final score is done by Many Faces'
engine, not the MC playouts.  We were talking about MC support for Japanese
rules in order to play well in a game that is being scored by Japanese
rules.

Final score accuracy is not perfect under either Japanese or Chinese rules.
Correct scoring by computer is either case is about the same difficulty.  MF
is comparable accuracy to gnugo.  In test games, the two programs disagree
on the score about 1 in 200 games.

David