[Computer-go] Many Faces and Japanese rules

Aja ajahuang at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 02:12:29 PDT 2010

I was considering to score in Japanese rules correctly before the UEC Cup
last year.  Here is my approach, I wonder how do you think.

1. Store the PASS counts of both sides, no matter in UCT tree or playout.
Assume that from the empty position to the end of the playout, black passes
Pb times and
white Pw times.

2. if (Black plays the last move)
        Margin=1;
    else
        Margin=0;

3. In the scoring of playout, just score in Chinese way, but modify Black's
territory as:
Black's territory=Black's territory-(Margin+(Pw-Pb))

By this, we can just let the playout run in Chinese rules as usual. But I am
not sure if this approach can handle seki correctly.

Aja