[Computer-go] A different approach to RAVE

compgo123 at aol.com compgo123 at aol.com
Tue Apr 13 19:36:35 PDT 2010

The policy of basic UCT-MC is to choose the child node that has the largest (or smalles) value. It's found that with this policy alone the search faces a big hump, which is impossible to overcome with present computng power. To reduce the problem online and off-lne knowledge are used to help to choose the child node. The choosng criteria based on the online knowledge is a policy. So is that based on the off-lne knowledge. Instead of combining the three polcies to choose a child node, three playout routines can be written. Each playout routine chooses child nodes based on only one of the above polices through out the playout process. So run N1 number of playout_1(), N2 number of playout_2() and N3 number of playout_3(). There are possibility of other policies.

DL