[Computer-go] Komi and the value of the first move

Don Dailey dailey.don at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 07:10:39 PDT 2010

I suspect that it's not zero or one - just a hunch.    My theory is that it
asymptotically approaches some small value as the boards get larger and that
value is probably attained pretty quickly, perhaps much less than 100x100
board size.  Maybe even close to what we play on now.

It seems to me that having the first move and staking the first claim
probably puts you in the drivers seat so to speak and is probably worth some
fixed number of points on an arbitrarily large board and that advantage is
magnified by smaller boards because a greater percentage of the points on
smaller boards feel the additional influence.