[Computer-go] Komi and the value of the first move

Erik van der Werf erikvanderwerf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 07:00:50 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Brian Sheppard <sheppardco at aol.com> wrote:
>>decreases with board size
>

> Since the game-theoretic value is a small positive integer, I don't think it
> can decrease with
>
> increasing board size.

What I meant is that it tends to start with full-board wins on tiny
boards (up to max 28 points as far as I know) and then decreases for
larger boards. E.g, 9 on 7x7, 7 on 9x9, and maybe 5 on 19x19.

You're absolutely right that it must stop somewhere. Maybe at 5 or 7,
but it could also be lower. But certainly not lower than 0.

Erik